Whose time and talent is being wasted?

 



There was a famous samosa shop in front of the gate of a big company. Often the employees of the company used to come there and eat samosas during lunch time.

One day a manager of the company got into a mood of joking with the samosa seller while eating samosas.

The manager said to the samosa seller, "Friend Gopal, you have maintained your shop very well, but don't you think that you are wasting your time and talent by selling samosas.?

Think if you were working in this company like me, where would you be today? Maybe you too would be a manager today like me."

On this, Gopal, a samosa seller, thought a lot and said, "Sir, my work is much better than your work."

10 years ago, when I used to sell samosas in a basket, then you got my job, then I used to earn 1000 rupees a month and your salary was 10000 rupees.

We both worked hard in these 10 years.

You went from supervisor to manager.

And I reached this famous shop with the basket.

Today you earn 50000 per month.

And I earn 200000 per month.

But for this I am not saying my work is better than your work. I am saying this because of the children.

Just think sir, I had started the business with very less income, but my son will not have to bear all this.

My son will get my shop, my children will take advantage of the hard work I have done in life. While the children of your boss will take advantage of your hard work throughout your life.

Now you cannot directly make your son sit on his post, nor will he have to start from zero like you and at the end of his term he will reach where you are now.

While my son will take the business further from here and we will go far ahead in our tenure.

Now you tell me whose time and talent is being wasted?

The manager gave 20 rupees for 2 samosas to the samosa seller and without saying anything slipped away from there.

Post a Comment

0 Comments